Since then Amy gave birth to Jake, my gorgeous nephew and Godson. My parents retired and moved to Spain. I got acquainted with Huddersfield and life went back to normal.
Not having a job for the first time in my life has had it's highs and lows. The Job Center is up there with the most soul destroying of places I've ever been to. When I had my initial interview the woman spoke to me like I was something she'd trodden in, but I still had the last laugh when I told her my degree title and she entered it into her computer as "Modren Forin Languages and Translation and Interperetation" and I had to slowly spell out the words for her. That wiped the smug smile on the self righteous cow's face. Since then I've applied for hundreds of jobs, I've had a few interviews and I'm getting royally fed up with the whole affair. It's a depressing feeling when you send of 15 CVs and don't hear a thing back.
However, the bright side is that I also have a boyfriend who in unemployed and a sister-in-law at home with a baby so I've plenty of people to keep me company whilst I watch Jeremy Kyle. In the meantime I'm making the most of my lie ins, cuddles with Jake (and occasionally Ric) and centering my day around that all important wander up to the co-op. It's not a lifestyle choice, and I'm skint on my arse, but it's not too bad really.
No comments:
Post a Comment