Sunday, 11 March 2012

18 + 6

I recently turned 24, I have a grown up job, I pay bills, my friends are getting married and my little brother has a baby. Does that make me a grown up?


Naaaah.


Jake is the most gorgeous child I have ever seen. He has grown two little teeth (front, bottom), learnt to roll over and has started eating real food. His smile is pure innocence. I love him.


England is awful as ever. Current scams include Tesco making unemployed teenagers work as slaves; they have this "agreement" with the dole office where kids go and work in Tesco and only get their dole money (£50/week), its exploitation. They also have these apprenticeships which are basically an excuse to pay way under minimum wage (£3/hr!) I think its disgusting. There's massive unemployment problems in the country and multimillion companies like Tesco are taking advantage of the situation, using it as an excuse to pay a pittance. The other scandal is the Tories trying to privatise the NHS with these new reforms that they're conveniently not consulting doctors and hospitals about. There's a lot of secrecy around the reforms that I think makes me suspicious.


Mum and Dad seem to be happy in Spain, they say they're not bored but they ring us a lot and they've started decorating their new house! Sometimes I miss them because there was more order at home under my mum's reign, and things got fixed when they broke when dad was here. But generally speaking living with Gaz, Amy and Jake is much more pleasent than I anticipated. In fact, Gaz is much more of a grown up than me now he's a daddy himself, and has takin on the moaning and grumpiness like a natural!


No comments: