Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Eight Months Later

It's been a long eight months since Ric and I crashed a scooter and mangled his leg up in India, but I'm pleased to announce that after two operations on two different continents, three months of bed rest and five months of physiotherapy Ric Stopher is officially mended!

We tested his newly repaired tendons out last week with a 12 mile hike in the lake district in torrential rain and Ric proved that his fitness levels are far superior to mine even after his injury by dragging me up and down various hills for almost six hours!

We're incredibly lucky to be able to finish off our trip more or less where we left off and are looking forward to flying out to Thailand in just under two weeks. I've been planning our return trip to Thailand since we went there two Christmases ago as I absolutely loved it. Inspired by our trip to the lakes, we've bought a tent to take with us in the hope of doing some camping on a remote Thai island.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the British summer in Huddersfield and spending time with my lovely little nephew.

Lake Windermere
Camping at Low Wray campsite, Ambleside

View over Windermere from our rainy hike.
Nice spot for a picnic in the sun, Marsden, Huddersfield
"Hello I'm Jake and I love mud!"

No comments: