Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Fun Coordinator

On Tuesdays we have a weekly volunteer meeting where we cook, eat, and drink together, formally introduce ourselves to new comers and talk about events, problems, and general household business. They're very fun meetings. As 6 people have left the group and 4 new people have arrived there were several roles to fill, and I volunteered myself for Fun Coordinator. Im now in charge of making sure people have fun! For organising events and outings and stuff for the other volunteers. Awesome.

To show willing in my new role, I went out after the meeting and got hammered with some of my housemates. We first went to bar and had cocktails, then to Deja Vu, one of the main gringo clubs. It was Tuesday so there werent many people there but we still danced. I ordered a pitcher of vodka lemonade thinking people would want to share but no one did and I ended up drinking it by myself. I pulled a tall German guy who's name I can not remember and then got burgers from a lady on the corner of the street at 4am. It was rather excellent.

My first week in Arequipa I didnt go out, didn't even drink so it's nice to be back on form again. Coordinating fun!

No comments: