Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Not eating Chinese food in Arequipa.

Plan was to leave everyone in La Paz and go to Chile on my own, meeting up with Ric a week or so later. However...due to a drunken promise, I've landed myself back in Arequipa in the same volunteer house I left two months ago!


Not that I'm complaining though. I'm tagging along with Ric for his rabies jabs and then going up to Lima for a cup of tea with his Mum and Dad! Back to square one!!


Its great to be back in Arequipa actually, it's like going home seeing as this is where I've spent the longest time in the past 4 months. Chillin.


First night we went out for Chinese take away but it was shut (it was midnight) so we ordered a pizza. Somehow neither of us put two and two together to work out that 'pizza metro' wasn't infact the name of the pizza, it was actually its size... a metre long pizza!! It was the biggest pizza I have ever seen!


On the second night we also went out to try and get a chinese take away, yet once again it was closed! (It was Sunday). We decided instead to go into town to this cheap mexican restaurant we know, we were wearing our "happy pants" (which double as pyjamas) but it didn't matter because we were just going for tacos then home. BUT... the taxi dropped us off outside ZigZag, the poshest most expensive restaurant in the city, and also home to the most amazing alpaca steak served on sizzling volcanic rock! Implusively, we went in. The restaurant was full but they gave us a table in reception, on low couches, and said we could eat there. Some how we went from chinese take away to 300g steaks and fancy cocktails served in ostrich eggs. A



pretty good swap I think.



When we failed for a third night in a row we decided that the chinese restaurant had in fact closed down. Gutted. I left Peru for 2 months and my favourite restaurant goes out of business. What does that tell ya?! Had mexican instead.


No comments: