Friday, 21 January 2011

Freak Blizzard!

I spent last weekend on the beach wearing t-shirts and sunglasses, it was 20degrees. So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to this:

6 inches of fluffy white snow!

It's so weird. Thursday daytime was mild, decent weather, I even went for a walk around the cliffs with Melissa. Then by tea time the skies opened to what was genuinely the most violent storm I have ever seen! I thought my windows were going to shatter they were shaking that much from the thunder, and the lightening lit up the fields as if it were daytime!

So I spent the day sledging with Charlotte :) We made a sledge out of some plastic boxlids and a plastic freezer bag. I was pretty proud of it myself. It's the first time the family has seen snow in the region.

On the downside I was somewhat stranded in Le Beausset beacause we're up a hill, and all the roads were blocked because they were too slippy for the cars to drive up!


Crazy weather. And here was me hoping to swim in the sea again before I leave!

No comments: