Wednesday, 13 April 2011

CHAPTER II : South America

Tonight I leave Manchester with a one-way ticket to Peru. I can't believe today has finally come after 6 months planning and 6 years dreaming about this trip! It's The Big One. Different continent, different time zone, different hemisphere of the planet!!! No jumping on a £15 Ryanair flight and popping home for the weekend.

Although I've traveled in Europe on my own before this really is going to be a completely different experience, and I'm scared. In a good way.

As usual I find myself asking myself "whhyyyy are you doing this?", "why don't you just get a job and settle down", it would be cheaper, easier and would stop my mother getting grey hairs. But I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't be me.

So I'm all packed, I'm taking hardly any clothes with me, and only 7 pairs of knickers!!! I don't even know when I'll be coming home, going to aim to be back by November at the latest though.

Tonight will be spent wandering the streets of Madrid with Javi and Juanto, then I'll be back at the airport in the morning to catch my flight to Lima.

Farewell England!!

No comments: