Horrid horrid bus! I didnt get any sleep because we were whizzing through the mountains so fast that everytime we turned a corner I got thrown from one side of my seat to another. I wished I was fatter so I would have wedged myself in!
I felt really ill too for the second half of the journey, I don't know whether it was travel sickness or altitude sickness or the strain of not going to the toilet but I was rough as hell.
At about 6 am we had to pull over because rocks were falling from the mountain side and it was too dangerous to cross, we waited there for nearly 3 hours and then when it was safe to go there was a back log of coaches. It took ages, and I STILL couldn't pee because the entire roadside was full of Peruvian men relieving theirselves, I wasn't exactly goin squat down in the middle of them all.
Sleepless and nausious, I was bombarded with yet more films, on full blast and dubbed in Spanish. The only redeeming factor being they played a Jason Statham marathon and his muscles lifted my moral.
I got to my hostel at about 4pm, a whole 26 hours after leaving Enzo's house yesterday. And all I wanted was a nice hot shower and bed. No such luck, the shower was so cold I could see my breath. But at least my sleeping bag is nice and toasty. My room mate is an Argentine lady called Julia, she's nice and gave me coca sweets and anti altitude sickness pills.
Sleep. Now. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment