Tonight is my last night in France of 2010!! I'm leaving tomorrow to go HOOOOME!!! It's been over 4 months since I left, 4 months without seeing my family or my friends, 4 months without fresh milk and Warburtons bread, 4 months of slimey French men, over priced drinks and crappy house music! And now I can not wait to go home and top up on Englishness!!! When I'm at home I'm the first to criticize England: it's weather, it's politics, the passive dispassionate attitude of the people... But now I'm really missing it. Guess the grass is always greener.
I have a hell of a journey home though. The only affordable flight I could get was to Stansted... at night. Which means there were no trains home, so I'm getting a bus into London, and then another bus up to Manchester over night. 7 hours on a bus. Hurrah. I'm also going to freeze to death because I have no winter clothes here, which is fine here because it's not really that cold. But it's snowing at home! And you know what - I'm not going to get any sleep and I'm going to be very cold, and I don't care one little bit!!! I'm going HOME!!!
This week has been spent drinking coffee with my friends and counting the days til I leave! It's been a bit difficult to find the motivation and enthusiasm for the kids but I think I pulled it off without neglecting them too much!
The family bought me a beautiful necklace for Christmas :) Its a sliver sun pendant and I actually really like it.
Oh and today was Sophie (the mum)'s birthday and we had a special dinner. It was good, for once I actually hung out with the whole family. We had foie gras, very French, followed by duck. It was tasty, but still - I cant wait to go home and taste my mums cooking again!!!! Even if it is only spam butties!!!
ETA: Manchester, 19th December 2010, 6am!!!
J'arrive!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment