I've been a busy lady. Let's recap:
Friday I went to La Villa Bivona with all my international amigos, it's a big club at La Seyne. We danced until 5am and we bought a €70 bottle of vodka (to share, naturally). I was verrrrry drunk and wandered around a lot on my own making friends with random French firemen. One guy even thought I was French, this made me very happy!
Saturday I woke up at the boys house and got served breakfast/lunch in bed - YES! I love those little Germans. Then in the afternoon I climbed a mountain. Great hangover cure! Me Giulia, Sophia and Thuy climbed the big mountain in Toulon, it's called Mont Faron and it overlooks all of Toulon and the port and all the islands just off the coast. We went up pretty high and watched the sunset. It was stunning, and absolutely silent.
Sunday Giulia, Melissa and I went to visit Mary, she's an American au pair who lives East of Toulon (whereas we all live west). She lives in a village in the mountains called Belgentier and she showed us round. Its really small and quaint, it's famous for a door that Louis XIV walked through when he stayed there one night (woo big deal) and it also has a baseball team!! We were sat in a tiny little bar (there are only two bars in the whole village and one doubles as a burger joint the other doubles as a news agents) and we were having a coffee when the entire baseball team came in, one guy was even wearing the whole uniform, tight white pants and everything. I found it highly amusing that this little village in the mountains, with a population of little more the 1500 inhabitants, has its own American baseball team!! That's the French for ya!
Mary also took us to Sollies, another little town east of Toulon. It's high up a mountain (like so many places in this part of the world) and had really nice views.
Today, (Monday) Sophia and I skipped French class (again) to go on one of our romantic walks. We went to Ile Gaou, an island/nature reserve further along the coast from Sanary. It was lovely. Afterwards we met Melissa and Debbie and went for coffee at the port at Sanary, sat outside in the sun.
The weather has been brilliant lately, I can hardly believe its mid December, it's more like a good day in July by England standards. Haven't worn my coat all week and its been getting up to 17° during the day! Nice. Think I'm going to get a shock when I get home next weekend.
I'm still having a great time here, this weekend's been amazing, and I still get a buzz from going off exploring, visiting new places and hanging out with my friends here. However it's been 4 months since I saw any of my friends or family back home, so I'm SO excited to go home for Christmas!! 5 days to go. I'm even missing crummy old Salford now too!
No comments:
Post a Comment