Friday, 10 December 2010

Partying with the village idiots.

I live in Le Beausset, a village in the valley of a load of mountains that has a population of around 8,000 people. And I don't even live in the actual village, I live up one of the mountains outside the village.

Last night Sophia, Thuy and I decided to go visit the Le Beausset at night, see the Christmas lights and have a coffee. However as it was winter and the place is so small there was nothing open apart from one hotel/restaurant...

Well we went in and I think we entered a parallel universe, it was the funniest weirdest night I've had out here so far. The restaurant was tiny and the only customers were a large group of middle aged French men out on a birthday celebration. EVERYONE was wasted, even the staff and the owner of the restaurant. Naturally we joined their party and were treated like honorary guests. It was hilarious, they weren't just pissed French folk, they were pissed French country folk - with weird accents and inbred mentality. And they were wild; dancing on chairs, smashing cups and glasses all over the show, music full blast (weird instrumental hoe dance type music at that!) I got up dancing with them all, I attempted to play the piano... as you do. They were literally queuing up to talk to us (I guess ageing country farmers dont get much opportunity to chat up a 22 year old English girl and two 19 year old Germans!) I ordered a glass of wine - they bought me a bottle!! The restaurant owner gave us each a necklace(hideously ugly), they paid for our hot chocolates and coffees, the owner gave me a postcard and we had birthday cake. Didn't spend a penny all night. The funniest was the waitress, she was coked out of her face and kept giving everyone lap dances (myself included), she was crazy, the most promiscuous French woman I have ever laid eyes on.

So all in all, my first night out in my little village turned out to be much more exciting that I had imagined!!!

No comments: