As you may have gathered from the previous two posts, I'm on the move. As usual :) I've decided to do a wee tour of England (and Wales) visiting friends before I disappear off to the other side of the world. And this week I'm in Royal Leamington Spa, home to the river Leam, the Royal Baths and most importantly, Jenny Edwards.
Jen's at work during the day, I've just been chilling and we've been doing nice things together in the evening. She even dragged me along to Aquaerobics the other day on the premise of going in the sauna!!! I've been playing wifey and cooking her tea, and trying to feed her up because she's tiny.
Yesterday I got a bit bored of my own company and decided to go make some random friends (it's what I do best afterall). So I went to the pub. Alone. I know it's not exactly the done thing for a young lady to do but it doesn't really phase me. I ordered a Chardonay and got chatting to my first random friend, Rob, the barman. We hit it off because he'd been travelling and he was actually a very nice guy. I also met Pete, a middle aged unemployed alcoholic (standard stereotype found in every pub in the world) Aid, Pete's accomplice and Richard an old man who tried teaching me how to do the cryptic crossword (he failed, I'm dim). I was already quite tipsy at 4 o'clock when Jen texted me asking me if I fancied going for a run when she got home from work. (You can guess what my answer was.)
Instead of jogging we went back to the pub to see my new friends and to do the quiz. Much more my cup of tea. We even did fairly well (by our standards, and with a little help...) and we got nicely drunk, which isn't in the least surprising really considering I started at 3!
Jen's been here 9 months, I've been here a couple of days and I know all the bar staff and half of the regulars by name.
No comments:
Post a Comment