Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Stratford-Upon-Avon

On Monday Jen, Ken and the Meat Heads (aka me and Stacey) went to Stratford-Upon-Avon to visit Shakespeare. What a lovely place. I'm glad we went, I've probably seen more places in France than I have in England so it's nice to see somewhere in my own country. Some of my hertitage!

We saw Shakespeare's birth place, some old house, although we didn't go in. And we had a picnic by the river Avon, and then a stoll in the sun. It's ever so pretty, little barge boats and quaint bridges over the river.

It's your typical old English town, full of pensioners and asian tourists, tudor-style houses and little tea rooms. We went very English and had afternoon tea in the nicest cafe ever! Three little tea pots, three jugs of milk, three cups and saucers and three HUGE pieces of cake. And my two best friends.

Stratford-Upon-Avon... thumbs up!

No comments: