6th - 8th June, La Paz
I stayed in Wild Rover hostel. A well known chain of party hostels in Peru and Bolivia. And oh how it was fun!
On the first night I arrived at half 5 had a shower and went straight to the bar. The night ended with me dancing on the bar, getting called a pikey, crying, and being taken home by two Iraelis.
On the second night I lost 40 bolivianos in a game of poker, pulled a sexy Serbian and stayed out til 8.30 in the morning in a secret club where you can order cocaine at the bar.
And two Austrailians gave me money. Totally separate unrelated and random people.
As for La Paz, its big, hilly and busy. I visited a witches market selling dead baby llamas, bought some "sex potion", and went for a pee in the poshest hotel in the city which costs 800 bolivianos per night.
The city is like a bowl, the centre being at the bottom of the bowl and spreading out up the sides. There are great views if you can be bothered walking up high enough and can find a spot without a sky scraper blocking your view.
All in all I had a great time there because of the people, the hostel and the nightlife, but the city itsself didnt endear me that much; its big and everything is spread out, and there arent specific tourist attractions to visit so its hard to know where to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment