Monday, 4 October 2010

Aix-En-Provence

MY WEEKEND:

FRIDAY NIGHT: Friday Giulia had a party at her house – I was really looking forward to it and planned to stay over so I could have a drink. It started off well, there were nibbles (cheese, sausage, crisps and sweets) and loads of wine, all the German’s were there, and the French boys and it was good. The family had gone away but the Granny was sleeping – and didnt wake up even though we were ridiculously noisy!! Things went a bit sour when the French boys stripped off and jumped in the pool… then threw the girls in! I was well not impressed! I was fully clothed – even had my shoes on and it was like 1 in the morning so it wasnt exactly warm! Luckily I had a hoody in my car though so I put that on and nicked some pants off Giulia. In the end I ended up drinking a load of coffee then driving home because I was getting hassled by a creepy French guy.

SATURDAY: I woke up at 11 and was well annoyed because Id missed my Horse riding lesson! Id set my alarm but I think I must have turned it off in my sleep. Instead I went shopping with Judit (hungarian) Thuy (German) and Daisy (Dutch) – we went to a huge shopping centre on the other side of Toulon, it was really good and even though I had absolutely promised myself I wouldnt buy anything I ended up buying a 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of earings and some stuff from Sephora – I have absolutely no resolve whatsoever when it comes to shopping!!!

In the evening we went out in Toulon, was my first time in Toulon and it looks good. We went to a bar first and then to a club called La Plage. It was REALLY good, the music was good all night with the exception of a half hour when the DJ played the most random stuff – like India Bollywood music followed by the YMCA – what’s that about!!? We stayed til it closed and I got home about half 3. Only spent 3€ all night because I was driving!!

SUNDAY: Aix-En-Provence! Today I went to Aix with Judit, Daisy, and Melissa (American) – I drove, I picked everyone up and we set off at about half 12. Took just under an hour to get there. Its a really nice town – quite old french villagey… we wandered round and there are lots of pretty little squares. We got the most amazing ice creams – they were HUGE! I had cookies and nutty chocolate flavour mmmmm! There wasn’t much open because its a Sunday, but there was a market and we walked around there – lots of nice things but all over priced. We sat for ages outside a cafe and it was really sunny and nice. Then we came home. Its a nice place, think i’d need to see it again though to fully appreciate it, its very studenty and lively apparently but as it was sunday today it was pretty quiet.

Got home and had a carb overdose for my tea – rice, potatoes, bread, tomatoes and cheese. I was starving. UBER tired now!!!

No comments: