French people do not get my sense of humour. I've lost count of the number of times I've said something joking and the Frenchies have took it as serious. Im not claiming to be a comical genius or anything but back home I crack jokes and people generally laugh, here NOT ONE GETS ME!! It's not just me, I think French humour is a breed of it's own. I've never met a funny French person.
France is literally shutting down. The whole country is on strike; no trains, no planes, no petrol, no teachers, there are protests, blockades and vandalism. THIS IS FRANCE. They're protesting against the retirement reform. Can someone please explain to me why college kids are protesting over a retirement reform - if they don't go to school now they're not going to get a job to retire from in the first place! It's just an excuse to not go to school and to spend the day burning out cars and generally causing havoc! Its STUPID! Its mob mentality. Sarko has said from the start that he's not going to change it, the reform has already been passed by the national assembly - it's too late to change it! Burning out cars belonging to everyday citizens isn't going to change anything, it's just going to piss people off! Dear France: YOU voted him in, you cant go bonkers just because you don't like what he's doing. And they're only extending retirement age by two years - it's not the end of the world!
I'm the first the criticize the passive attitude of the people of England - if the same reform was passed at home I think the most that would happen would be a couple of disgruntled folk standing outside parliament with some banners - and even then it'd only be ageing hippies with nothing better to do. But the militant attitude of the French is the other extreme and I'm not convinced that that's at all a good thing.
Rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment