Tuesday, 19 October 2010

My Day Off Exploration

Today Aunty Therese and Uncle Antonio decided to take the kids all day and night so I was off duty! Whoo! I went jogging, I did some swotting up on my French, and then I went exploring. I drove through the mountains in an inlandy direction, through a little village called Cuges-Les-Pins (it was siesta time and it was a ghost town), stumbled upon a theme park in the middle of nowhere (?), went to Aubagne, then climbed a mountain and sat at the top for a bit - the view was amazing - Cassis to the right and La Ciotat to the left, the sea, mountains, sun, pine trees - LOVE IT HERE its beautiful. Seeing La Ciotat made me think about ice cream so I spontaneously went there to get one (cookies & nutella flavor) and I also had a coffee. Then I took the long coastal road home and stopped off at La Madrague - a pretty little seaside village with a diddy port and some old frenchies playing petanque.

A very nice, chilled & peaceful day - just what I needed.

No comments: