...is horrible! This afternoon after my language class I decided to go for a walk around Toulon. Its the nearest city to where I live and I thought I'd have a walk around the port and a look at the shops. It was by no means enjoyable. The traffic was absolutely horrendous - 4 lanes going into the centre all at a stand still, it was chaos. I dont get it - Toulon is a small coastal city - why was the traffic worse than Paris. Parking was also a nightmare and I ended up parking on some council estate car park God only knows where. When I finally made it into the city I wasn't impressed. Its a dirty, ugly city; Loads of concrete high raise apartment blocks, covered in graffiti, there were no nice buildings - or pretty flowers for that matter! The port wasn't exciting (although I had a vanilla, caramel & chocolate brownie ice cream that was yummy), the shops were alright - I went into a shopping center and ended up browsing around CARREFOUR - a big supermarket! I went out of the shopping center at the opposite end to where I'd gone in - assuming I'd still be relatively close to the city centre but I wasn't and I got completely and utterly lost!! Genuinely unimpressed!
Yesterday was much more enjoyable. I went for a run with Sophia along the beach in the morning and we had a swim - yes people swimming in the sea in October! I love that its still hot enough to go in the sea! Then I went to the beach with Thuy. We went to Portissol beach which is near where the German boys live, it was small and covered in seaweed. Sunbathed, swam and then went to language school - the new one in Ollioules. It was full of old people!! The average age of the students was like 65! I actually sat next to an 85 year old lady!! Mental! They're all really nice though, although the work was really basic, too easy, hopefully it will get a bit more challenging as they course progresses.
This week has gone by really quick I cant believe its weekend already! YAAAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment