Oh I am clever - my old blog on blog.com was rubbish and it always said "bad gateway" whenever I wanted to do something so here's what I did - I 'exported' the blog (?) then converted it (?) and then imported it here! And now I'm feeling extremely geeky and pleased with myself because I am generally fairly clueless with computer stuff but I googled what to do and the kind people of the internet provided me with the answers!
I'm feeling considerably antisocial today, it's raining for starters and I just want to hide in my room and be cosy. Couldn't even really be bothered talking to the girls at school today - there's a lot of gossip going around about who's sleeping with who, who's fallen out with who... and I really am not interested. I'm feeling a bit too old to be bitching with the girls at school and I just want to learn French and get on with it. Adding to this my French class was invaded this morning by a bunch of kids that have dropped out of school and need to re-learn French - in other words a bunch of thick French scallies who didn't want to be there and were being rude, loud and disruptive in typical scally fashion. They really pissed me off.
There's a couple of new au pairs that have arrived that dont/wont speak French and so there's been a fair bit of English spoke lately. It really annoys me that English is such an international language, that everyone speaks it... I want to practice French, we're in France, - so why when we're sat around with 7 different nationalities and 7 different languages - must we speak English!? Damn England for colonising everywhere and forcing people to speak English and damn America for producing such good films that everyone in the world watches them in English!
Spoke to Jen and Stace last night and I miss them an awful lot - no matter how many new friends I meet where ever I am in the world I will always miss them, no one will ever meet their standards of amazing banter and no one will ever be able to communicate telepathically with me the way we do. Missing my family too. Living with this family is good, but I often think - 'my Mum wouldn't do that like that', or 'this would be more fun with my family' MISS YOU ALL!!
Today is the first day of bad weather since I arrived - its cloudy and windy and it keeps raining although it's not actually cold. I'm just going to hide in my room and drink cups of tea until its time to do the school run.
So to summarise - Im pretty grumpy today!
No comments:
Post a Comment