Saturday, 9 July 2011

Ketaman and Friends

I've met some weird and wonderful people on this trip

Introducing...


Ketaman. Ketaman is an American guy who we met in Sucre and who also turned up in Potosí. He's bought 3 bottles of ketamin from a vets in Sucre - its that easy - he just went in, said he had a sick horse and they gave him ketamin!!? I've never seen anybody that fucked up. He cooks his ket up in the hostel kitchen and carries it around with him on a plate. He sort of just staggers around incoherent and red faced, walking like a Thunderbird. Before bed he casually offered around Valium. And he's got a bicycle that he's riding around South America?! Absolute mess.


The Yahs. There are so many Gap Yah kids running around here, it suprised me actually. For those of you that live on Mars and haven't seen the Youtube video, a Gap Yah is an 18 year old middle class kid from London who's here "finding himself" with the privalage of Daddy's credit card. Such as Brough, the guy in Sucre who only stayed in hostels recommended by his Lonely Planet and the 3 girls who couldn't handle their alcohol. They act like theyre on holiday in Newquay or Benidorm. Annoyance really.


I realised that makes me sound old and boring but its true.


Clint. Clint was a guest at the hostel in Samaipata, he was the head of merchandising for Warner Brothers in LA and he was loaded. He was travelling around South America for a year with no upper limit on his budget. He was interesting and the few times I went out with him he always bought a bottle of rum for everyone. Good lad.


Slutty Canadian Girl. She's friends with Ketaman, she just gets messy and sleeps around from what I can tell. I quite like her.


Meaty Swiss Girl. This girl is crackers. Her first words to us were "Do you feel like meat? I feel like Meat!" She has wild eyes and apparently likes meat.


To be continued...


No comments: