Sunday, 3 July 2011

Skills!

2nd July 2011


Since I've been travelling I've become aware of my lack of what I call "traveller skills". Traveller skills are things that you can do to earn money, or just entertain yourself and others whilst travelling, such as playing guitar.


Well... I've been working on getting myself some skills, and although I haven't learnt to play guitar (yet?) I have acquire some pretty cool "skills", such as making wallets out of juice cartons, ash trays out of beer cans and origami tshirts out of tea bag wrappers (the latter isn't really very useful to be honest.) And today I learnt how to make bracelets!


Yesterday I was mooching about Sucre with Jonathan and we went in this 'artesania' crafts shop selling handmade jewellery. I bought a load of it and noticed they had a sign advertising jewellery making classes. So this morning me Ric and Jonathan went to this guys house and had our first jewellery making class. It was really good actually, we learnt three different ways of braiding thread to make bracelets and got to keep the ones we made, they're well good. The guys name was Xavier and we all just chilled in his living room drinking tea and smoking with him, some hippies and a dog. Then we went to the market and bought more thread and spent the afternoon in the plaza drinking yet more tea and making yet more bracelets. It was a rather nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.


No comments: