So we eventually made it to Sucre, the constitutional capital of Bolivia. It's really nice, lots of grand colonial buildings. We're staying in 'Amigos Hostel', which is pretty cool, comfy beds, hot showers, kitchen we can use, and the most hostile unfriendly staff I have ever encountered. I'm in an 8 bed dorm, which I don't think has been cleaned since the 90's, its tiny and the floor is carpeted with rubbish. I like it.
There's a really cool black market, that sells everything imaginable, and there are some nice shops. The plaza is really nice too.
Its really nice to be back in a city after being in the middle of nowhere for so long AND to make things even better my pal Ric who I volunteered with in Arequipa has come and met me here and we're going to travel together for a bit. I've also seen a bunch of people here that were in La Paz in the same hostel as me. Its so funny I keep bumping into people I know; massive continent, very well traveled gringo route!
No comments:
Post a Comment