Monday, 6 September 2010

9 trains, 5 buses, 4 undergrounds, 2 planes and I HAVE ARRIVED

So, after my exciting day on Saturday I finally arrived at Marseille airport at 7pm and was met by Vincent, or "Papa" as I may well refer to him. It took about an hour to get to the house, and we went through Marseille, which looks lovely - its got a big port and good night life (apparently) and I cant wait to go and visit. We also went through Toulon, which is the nearest city to where I live.

Arrived at the house, the children showed me round then we had tea (veggie soup quite like minestrone) and then I went to bed at about 10 cos I was shattered!

It is generally amazing here. We're up a mountain surrounded by pine forests so it smells lovely and piney, and the views are superb! I felt really welcome and the whole family is lovely, made me feel right at home. My room is GREEEAT!!! Its huge and its lovely! It has great big patio doors that open on the front of the house, and the shower is great (I generally judge a plce by the quality of the shower and this one gets 10/10!!) Ive even got my own kettle so I can make my own brews! hurray!

On Sunday I unpacked, then we went to L'Estangol beach! It was about a 40 minute drive away and it was beautiful! We met up with another family and had a picnic, and I swam in the sea, it was really beautiful! I got burnt a bit too - no one else put cream on, not even the kids, and they didnt burn!! Damn Mediterraneans! Just off the coast from where we were was an Island and its got a huuuuge house on it belonging to Nicolas Sarkozy! Thats where he goes for his jollies!!

This families well posh, they bake their own bread every couple of days and when I asked for some mayo with my salad Sophie (the mum) went and make me some from scratch!!! The family car is massive and posh and has blacked out windows - I showed myself up as well because I was trying to shut the door by pulling it, but it wouldnt budge, so I yanked it really hard then Vincent came running over and showed me the button to make it close ELECTONICALLY! Electric doors indeed!!

Today (Monday) was my first official day at work. It was pretty good, got up at 7 :( set the table, had breaky with the family then took them all to school. Went home, met the gardener (who's English!)

Then I went to sign up to my french class. Its in a place called Sanary-Sur-Mer and the school is right on the beach!! woooo! So guess what I'll be doing after class?! :D Its cheap too, only 15euros to sign up and 1.50euros/hour after that! I had to do a French test that was really hard so I think they're going to put me in the dummies class but never mind!

Then I came home, did some washing, had lunch (salad) then went for a walk in the forest at the back of our house - it smelt nice! Then I picked Charlotte up from school, brought her home, took her to gymnastics, waited ages, played outside with the boys, came home, had tea (ratatouille) then I was going to meet up with the other au pair girls that live here buuuut I couldnt be arsed in the end because theyre not meeting until 10 - and Im tired and I dont know where Im going. I know I should be making an effort to make friends but Im up at 7 tomorrow! :( there's next time I suppose!

No comments: