Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Sober Swotty Steph

I have all the kids all day on Wednesdays and its tiring! Today I did the shopping, the washing, I cooked and served 3 meals, we went on a bike ride, we played Blind Man's Bluff, We walked in the forest, I bathed them, read stories, cleaned the house, tided up after them!! Pffft its putting me right off having children myself! I want to go out tonight but I have to work! The parents are both away for work so Im babysitting! Im shattered!

Tomorrow the school's are on strike again! Ive been here less than 3 weeks and it's already the 2nd time they've been on strike!! They're bonkers! Hopefully the children can still go into school - I think they have helpers in to supervise them but there's no actual classes... Fingers crossed!!

Im injured all over! This morning I trapped my finger in a chair and it literally took a huge chunk of skin out! Ive got a bandaged up toe as well from Saturday when I dropped the bike on my foot, and Im covered in cuts from where I've scratched my mosquito bites!! Im not a pretty sight at the moment!

Since arriving in France I've started drinking herbal tea - Im obviously still faithful to a proper British brew but the parents drink herbal tea all the time and I must admit I've developed a fondness for it! I've also become addicted to figs! I didnt even know what a fig looked like before I came here and now I eat them everyday - why dont we have figs at home?? They're FIT! I think Im eating healthier here too... more cheese though - bloody French and their love of cheese!!

The other day I almost ate a moth!!! How minging is that!! I was eating Special K and I was just about to shovel a spoonfull into my mouth when I spotted a moth stuck to my spoon!! Eurghh!! I dont know whether it came from the packet or whether it was attached to the spoon but I nearly barfed! However - given my recent bravery around moths (and there's millions here!) I was cool and I washed it down the sink. I try not to think what would have happened if I hadnt have spotted it!!!

I've put the kids to bed now Im going to buff up my halo by studying some French grammar... with a pot of herbal tea!! Seriously - what has become of me!!!?? France has literally saved me from my path of self destruction. Welcome sober swotty healthy Steph!!!

No comments: