Last night we went to a bar called Bard O' - a fancy beach bar. It was Ziva's leaving do and lots of people were out, about 12 of us. We had a couple of beers and a good laugh - it was so surreal sitting there talkin French and having a laugh with my mates just as I would if I were speaking English - I must be getting good! AND when I finally got to bed at about half 2 I dreamt in French!!! Only ever done that a couple of times before when I lived in Nantes. Was a really good night. Sad to see Ziva go though.
Today was nice, I got Merlin from school at half 11 and we went into town. It was his Dad's idea to get him early from school and let him have a siesta, but he also gave me some money to get lunch first! Was great we ate at a restaurant in the village and we sat outside in the sun, I had Italian salad, and the little un' had something resembling French cottage pie. Then we went to the butchers and bought beef burgers for tomorrow's lunch and he also gave us some cakes for free (which I found to be a bit odd...) Merlin slept all afternoon and I swam in the pool and sunbathed. Jolly good... Its not the worst job in the world huh?
The evening had been nice, the family played Dungeons and Dragons, proper old school style and I watched on in semi amusement. Early night needed. Fatiguée!
No comments:
Post a Comment