Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Strikes and bedtime stories

So I think I've finally got the hang of this job! :) Ok... its not exactly rocket science but today has been really great and I'm really happy that I dont suck at it!!

Believe it or not the boys school was on strike today even though its only the 4th day into the start of the school year!!! Bloody French!! So I had them for the afternoon - they slept for a while though which was easy work for me! Then I took them to play in the forest at the back of the house, I took the neighbours kids too (but mine are cuter and better behaved, hehe). The dragged me all over the show, through hedges and across fields and allsorts, and we fed some goats and a donkey... they kept telling me "oh we always to this" and "yeah we always go through this bush" and I didnt know if they were pulling my leg or not! haha! They were pretty well behaved anyway, although they tired me out.

The parents went out for their anniversary tonight so tonight is the first night that I'm totally home alone avec all three baminos and... I fed them, cleared up, put them to bed and read bedtimes stories IN FRENCH! All by 8.30pm :D ooh la la!!!

Oh and Ive been talking to the other au pairs that live in the region and Im meeting one on Thursday morning and another on Friday because she's in the same French class as me!  - So im going to have FRIENDS woooo!! Theyre not English either so I'll be speakin French with them too! :)

I went for a walk in the village today after I did the school run and its nice - its pretty small, theres a main square with some cafes, a town hall and a couple of shops... actually its VERY small!! I walked to the top of the town and there's a hill with a windmill and really nice views. I had a coffee in the center.

It rained a bit today and was cloudy but still warm and the sun kept poking through :)

No comments: