Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Crazy Weather

Last night there was the BIGGEST STORM I have EVER seen!! It actually woke me up! The thunder was so loud and the lightening was constant and lit up the whole room! When we got up this morning the swimming pool was like 15cm deeper than it should be and was nearly over flowing! Then bizarrly enough it was a really hot, gorgeous day with clear blue skies!! Strange!

I stayed at home with the children today, French kids dont go to school on Wednesdays. Easy day really, they played out all day and I sat in the garden and supervised/read a trashy novel. Nice :)

French people eat very very healthily! I reckon I might actually lose weight for a change this time! :) Had lentils, ratatouille and pasta for tea, followed by cheese (of course) and then fruit. I think its because we live in the countryside and theyre all wana be farmers! haha! It seems that each one of the neighbours grows their own fruit and every does swapsies. We grow grapes and today Isabelle (neighbour with bright orange hair) brought us a big bucket of figs.

I have to urge to go out in the car and go meet some randoms (as is my nature) but Im not going to...  I dont even know if there are any bars in the village (?) I didnt see any! So where would I go?! Im meeting a girl called Sophiaa tomorrow, she's an au pair here, so that should ease my need to talk to people!

No comments: