Today I was sat by a fountain with Danny in the center of Mulhouse, we were people watching, and I made an observation: There are two types of french men;
Type A*: The most common type of French guy wears tight white trousers, white loafers and either a tight fitting (pink or yellow) t-shirt or a shirt (/blouse) tucked into his pants. His has a minuscule man-bag slung across his chest, usually its Burberry, I think the reason for the man bag is that his pants are SO tight that he cant fit his wallet and keys into his pockets. They're all clean shaven and have enough grease in their hair to run a chip shop for a week. If its summer they wear pretentious designer sunglasses, in winter the sunnies are replaced with a scarf. Basically they look very QUEER, but they're not because I've seen these guys walking round with their girlfriends.
People often say to me "ooh you could fall in love with a french man" - but let's face it, that is NEVER going to happen. I'm a northern girl and I like real men, with stubble and muscles and who don't carry their hair gel in a hand bag.
*this is ironic because 'type' means 'guy' in French ;) arent I clever?!
Type B: Type B is the less smarmy looking ghetto wanabe frenchy who wishes he lived in the banlieue of Paris instead of in a 3 story town house in Provence with his parents and a chiwawa. Wears white tracksuits, shiny trainers and a ridiculous little baseball cap perched high on top of his head as if its too small for him. Also wears Mr T stlye chains, walks with "attitude" and smokes but doesnt inhale.
The thing about both types of french guy is that they walk around with this smug look on their face as if theyre thinking "I am French donc I am zee best lover in zee world". Theyre all slimey, sex offending, chauvanistic twerps.
So to conclude, I think I'll be sticking to British men for le moment!
Anyway - today we looked around Mulhouse. We went into the town center, looked a bit at the shops (I bought postcards) then we walked along the river for ages. Lauren showed us where she's going to work (the uni) then we bought a load of food from the supermarket and had a picnic by the river. It was really sunny, very nice.
Now we're going down to the park in front of Lauren's house and we're going to drink some beers and enjoy the last bit of sun.
Oh and Im a bit annoyed cos I think I've lost my ipod :( [or Danny's stolen it cos he's a scouser!]
Ciao
No comments:
Post a Comment